FRIDAY THE 17TH
@ 7:00 PM
The Cooper-Young Community Association is excited to announce that we are once again hosting an in-person Festival Friday 4-Miler race in 2021! Join us on Friday, September 17, 2021 at 7:00 PM as we hit the streets of Cooper-Young for our one-of-a-kind 4 mile race and totally rad after party. After having to hit pause on this long time fundraiser in 2020, we’re so happy to bring back one of our most beloved neighborhood traditions.
We still plan to have an in-person, timed race with awards on our regular route through Cooper-Young — but with some modifications to keep our distance and help people feel safer. Those changes include:
- A capacity of 1,000 runners, which is about half of what we normally have.
- A 15-minute open start line. That means you can spread out and start when you feel comfortable since you’ll be timed based on when you actually start and finish the race.
- A virtual option. If you don’t feel comfortable running near others, you can run anywhere you’d like.
- One single self-serve water stop midway through the course where you can fill up your own water bottle if desired.
- A pared-down finish line featuring water, bananas, and chocolate milk. As of right now, we’re planning with Memphis Made so we can still offer your usual post-race beer.
Although we don’t feel comfortable hosting the normal after party for the race, we are still encouraging homes along the route to cheer on runners with Light the Way gatherings. You’ll still have an eclectic audience of Cooper-Youngers and neighborhood porches that will feature live music, decorations, themes, and more.
- Event contact
- Start 2 Finish Event Management